Celebrate and Spend World Cat Day Together With Your Fluffy Pet
Today, on February 17, Cat Day is celebrated annually in Europe. This is not an official public holiday, but rather a folk celebration. Nevertheless, it is very important and makes people again pay attention to the problems concerned cats, for example, the number of stray cats around the world.
The history of this holiday began in 1990 when the Italian journalist Claudia Angeletti in the magazine “Tuttogatto” suggested to readers to celebrate Cat Day. A little bit later, her colleague pointed to the date of February 17, because in Italy this day was considered unlucky, and during the Inquisition, they exterminated all the black cats who were believed to be the aids of evil spirits.
Firstly, people who are involved in helping animals responded to such a proposal. And now, every year on this day in Italy, various charity events, discussions, conferences, photo exhibitions, and fundraisers are held. And some people who believe and respect the old traditions of Italian culture perceive February as a magical event and call it “the month of cats and witches”.
How To Celebrate?
The best way to celebrate this holiday is, of course, to take a homeless animal from a shelter, who has been waiting for a new loving owner for months. But if you do not have such an opportunity, or unfortunately you are allergic, then take a walk along the streets of your city and leave some food for poor animals. It is best to buy food from the store, or you can use your homemade food, but only fresh.
Some interesting facts:
- Cats spend about 70% of their lives sleeping.
- Cats can drink seawater because their kidneys filter salt well.
- 99% of owners talk to their cats, but most do not admit it.
- The speed of cats can be 49 kilometers per hour.
- There are 500 million cats in the world today.
- The meow of cats consists of 100 different intonations and the bark of dogs only of 10.
- A cat’s nose is unique, just like a human fingerprint.
- Cats are not able to taste sweets.
- Cat’s sweat glands are located only on the pads.
Cat owners are 30% less likely to have a heart attack or stroke.
- If you would be a cat you would say Meow* (happy sound)
- If you would be a cat you would say HRR* (angry sound)