How to Control Cat Shedding: Read Our Useful Tips and Find out the Best One for Your Cat
Molting in cats does not depend on the temperature in the house or outside the window, not only long-haired cat breeds but also short-haired and even the Sphynx, are subject to it because they are covered with fluff. You can’t prevent cat shedding in such way. Nature cannot be fooled by selection and batteries, therefore, as soon as the days get longer, the cat’s biological clock immediately signals the body, then it’s time to shed. However, the cause of molting can be not only biological need but also stress. Molting, although natural, but a very unpleasant process for a cat. It has to put up with many inconveniences: the fallen hair, which is in contact with the skin, cause irritation and, accordingly, itching, which the animal tries to calm down by active licking and brushing. Hairballs enter the gastrointestinal tract and cause disorders, and scratching is dangerous because the infection can get into the wounds. Therefore, the owners often wonder how to minimize cat shedding. We have researched this issue and want to give you some tips.
Different Cat Hair Shedding Solutions
It is not difficult to notice that your cat is shedding. You pet the cat and there is too much hair left in your hands. Wool remains on the couch, upholstered furniture gathers in the corners on the floor, flies around the house. The process of changing wool (shedding) lasts from two weeks to 2-3 months. If this process is delayed, pay attention to what could be the reason for this. Show your cat to the veterinarian to determine the cause of too long or excessive shedding. Perhaps the doctor would recommend you to stop the cat from shedding by making changes in the cat’s diet, prescribe vitamin-mineral complexes for wool, or other treatment.
How to Control Cat Shedding?
- Does brushing cat reduce shedding? Of course. it does. You need to groom your cat regularly, such as brushing it once a week. It can also help reduce the formation of hairballs.
- Part of the problem with hair loss in cats is that they like to lie on things that we don’t want to brush off due to time constraints. Train your pet to lie on a special blanket that you do not mind. Cat hair control is also important.
- You should talk to your veterinarian about adequate dehydration. It can help improve overall hair quality and condition, as well as overall health. Dealing with cat hair may help a wet food.
- One possible cause of excessive shedding is improper diet. When the cat is not getting the nutrients it needs, it can cause the coat to become dry and brittle and more likely to break and fall out. One of the easiest changes you can make is to add more fatty acids. Your veterinarian would be able to tell you which ones your cat is missing.
- Unsurprisingly, one of the best ways of reducing shedding in cats is to remove hair entirely. You have two options: do it yourself or hire a professional. If you have such an idea for the first time, then we would advise you to seek help. At a minimum, you will be able to see how to properly perform this procedure. Never use scissors without guards. Don’t be scared, not all hair should be shaved off, it’s like a short haircut. However, if your cat goes out for a walk, you better not use this advice. Since wool also performs protective functions during walks.
- Major changes, such as moving to a new home or adding new people or furry family members, can actually stress the cat and increase shedding. While you may not be able to adjust to major changes like buying a home, you can support your cat through these changes. There are also strategies for creating coat-friendly zones as cat shedding remedies. This place can also be seen as a safe place for cats going to avoid any new things in the house that might stress them.
Do I Need To Bathe The Cat During Molting?
It is believed that during the period of changing the cat’s fur, it is necessary to wash it so that an allergy does not happen to it. After all, the main allergen is not wool, but saliva particles remaining after washing yourself with a tongue. They dry out and spread with dust. And washing helps to speed up the process of changing an old coat to a new one.
How To Keep Your Home Clean While Your Cat Sheds?
Be patient and follow our advice.
- Vacuum the apartment daily, wipe the furniture, and wet the floor surface.
- Use a damp towel to pick up wool from upholstered furniture, carpets, and other surfaces.
- Purchase a clothes roller with replaceable sticky surfaces. With such a roller it is good to collect wool from clothes, chairs, and armchairs.
Of course, you cannot completely control cat shedding, as it is a natural process. But, you can reduce the amount of hair loss and make your home cleaner. We hope we were able to help you. Thank you for reading the article to the end. See you very soon on the pages of our blog!
- If you would be a cat you would say Meow* (happy sound)
- If you would be a cat you would say HRR* (angry sound)